Going Wild with Peter Brown and Dr. Holly Jones
In this episode of the STEM Read Podcast Gillian King-Cargile (@gkingcargile), Kristin Brynteson (@kbrynteson), and Melanie Koss (@melaniekoss) sit down with NIU Biology professor Holly Jones, Ph.D., and author of The Wild Robot Peter Brown (@itspeterbrown) to talk island ecosystems, endangered species, writing, and robotics.
Northern Illinois University’s STEM Read is part of the NIU STEAM family of programs that explore science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math. Find more great books, lesson plans, and resources at stemread.com.
The STEM Read Podcast is produced in collaboration with WNIJ.
Notes & External Links
· The Wild Robotby Peter Brown
· Holly Jones, Associate Professor of Biology at Northern Illinois University
· What is marine biology?
· What is biodiversity?
· What are invasive species?
· What is topography?
· What is a food web?
· The Wild Robot Escapesby Peter Brown
· Check out Peter Brown’s outlines, sketches, and revision process on his blog.
· The Curious Gardenby Peter Brown
· Predator-Prey Dynamics: The Role of Olfactionby Michael R. Conover
· Learn more about our Field Trips from the Vault
· Learn more about STEMFest 2019
· Cape by Kate Hannigan