Part-Time Broadcast Engineer
Provides day-to-day technical support and maintenance of transmitter sites and studios for the on-going broadcast operation of Northern Public Radio. Includes regular inspections, testing, aligning, evaluating, installing and repairing equipment. Provides necessary and timely information to maintain required FCC files.
- Proficiency with technical operation of broadcast facility/equipment
- Understanding of functions and features of broadcast automation software
- Ability to interface RF & IT needs
- Dependable, punctual and responsive to emergent needs
- Must have valid Illinois driver’s license
Position subject to a criminal background check
- Working knowledge of FCC rules and regulations
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Capable of meeting established objectives and deadlines
- Attentive to details and committed to accuracy
- Ability to multi-task on various levels
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Willingness to learn station specific software
WNIJ is licensed to Northern Illinois University, an equal opportunity employer (EEO).
To apply email letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: October 29, 2018
WNIJ offers structured internships throughout the year.
WNIJ's internship program is designed to provide students and recent graduates with an opportunity to learn about public media operations, including: news and digital production, audio and program production, marketing and development, and audio archiving.
Eligibility: Preferred candidates are graduate or undergraduate students or those who have recently graduated from college.
General Information: Interns are expected to work between 15 and 20 hours a week during an eight to 12 week internship period. Internships are offered during the summer, fall and winter/spring semesters. Interns may receive academic credit if an agreement is made between WNIJ and the intern's college or university.
The documents at the bottom of this page provide detailed information about all internship positions available at WNIJ. The internship opportunities offered vary from semester to semester. Please contact the person listed on each document for more information.
WNIJ News invites you to gain real-world journalism experience in a professional newsroom. Learn about news reporting and production as well as the spirit that drives good journalism in the Public Radio 101 seminar.