Rockford Police Offering 'Coffee With A Cop' on Friday
Rockford residents are likely to see city police at local restaurants and cafes Friday morning. They’re taking part in Coffee With A Cop, a national initiative meant to improve relations between the community and law enforcement.
Deputy Police Chief Carla Redd says it provides a more neutral ground for citizens and police to meet.
“We don’t have an agenda set," she said. "We’re letting the public come to us and discuss whatever issues they may have that they want to discuss with the police officers."
The event runs from 8:30 to 10 a.m and takes place at the following locations:
- McDonald’s, 3710 Auburn Street
- McDonald’s, 930 W. Riverside
- Burger King, 2911 Auburn Street
- Sister’s Café, 2626 Kilburn Avenue
- Katie’s Cup, 502 7th Street
- McDonald’s, 1441 Kishwaukee Street
- Doughboys, 3330 11th Street
- Meg’s Daily Grind, 1141 N. Alpine Road
- Machine Shed, 7475 E. State Street
- Cracker Barrel, 730 N. Lyford Road