As the state lifts more restrictions, moving to Phase Four of the Restore Illinois plan, there are worries about a spike in coronavirus cases. Hear what some experts are saying,
A Bloomington nursing home was the site of a COVID-19 outbreak. We learn more about what happened there.
And while Illinois lays claim to the Great Emancipator, its past also includes slavery. We'll get a history lesson. That and more on Statewide.
This week's lineup:
* Bill Wheelhouse speaks with Sam Toia, President of the Illinois Restaurant Association, about the move to allow indoor dining in Illinois.
* Sean Crawford gets the latest on the Pandemic Stress Indicator from Institute of Government and Public Affairs Director Robin Fretwell Wilson and University of Illinois Professor Brian Gaines.
* Ryan Denham of WGLT brings us the story of how the pandemic played out in a Bloomington nursing home.
* Mary Hansen reports on a community police review board in Springfield with a light caseload. That has some questioning if a change is needed.
* Lee Gaines of Illinois Newsroom explains the challenges facing undocumented students trying to pay for college.
* Sean Crawford interviews a wildlife biologist about a black bear that has wandered from Wisconsin into Illinois.
* We revisit a 2016 conversation when Jamey Dunn spoke with author Tara McClellan McAndrew about her essay on the history of slavery in Illinois.
Statewide for the week of June 26, 2020
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 6-7 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Fridays 11-Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)
- Quad Cities - WVIK HD 2 (Sundays 11 a.m. - Noon)
Copyright 2020 NPR Illinois | 91.9 UIS. To see more, visit NPR Illinois | 91.9 UIS.