Statewide: Baseball Announcer Still Connecting With Fans; How Contact Tracing Works
On this episode, we chat with Chicago White Sox broadcaster Jason Benetti. The Illinois native tells us what he's doing to interact with fans while baseball is on hiatus.
A couple on the front lines of battling COVID-19 talk about sacricfices they've made, including separation from their children.
And if you are unsure how contact tracing works, we'll explain.
This week's lineup:
* Sean Crawford visits with baseball announcer Jason Benetti. Instead of being in the booth, he's spending this spring online, entertaining and connecting with fans.
* Amy Mayer of Harvest Public Media explains what impact coronavirus outbreaks at meatpacking plants is having on the nation's meat supply.
* Bryce and Brittanny Budimir of Kankakee are living apart from their children. She's a nurse. He's a firefighter. Both are putting themselves at risk during the pandemic.
* Peter Medlin of WNIJ finds out how some homegrown businesses are adapting to the current situation.
* Sam Dunklau finds out what challenges state government faces amid the loss of tax revenue.
* Charlie Schlenker of WGLT tells us an essential business, bicycle shops, are rolling right along this spring.
* Chase Cavanaugh with WNIJ finds out how state agencies are ensuring the safety of the roads and who travels on them while a stay-at-home order is in effect.
* Steph Whiteside of WSIU reports on how doctors are handling routine medical needs when they can't see patients in person.
* Mary Hansen learns more about contact tracing, a key to slowing the spread of COVID-19.
Statewide for the week of April 24, 2020
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 6-7 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Fridays 6-7 p.m., Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)
- Quad Cities - WVIK HD 2 (Sundays 11 a.m. - Noon)
Copyright 2020 NPR Illinois | 91.9 UIS