Episode 10: #MeToo Movement in Children’s Literature with Anne Ursu & Martha Brockenbrough and Melanie Koss
In this episode of the STEM Read Podcast we sit down with two major voices in the children's literature #MeToo movement, Anne Ursu and Martha Brockenbrough, as well as NIU Professor and Literary scholar Melanie Koss.
Northern Illinois University’s STEM Read is part of the NIU STEAM family of programs that explore science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math. Find more great books, lesson plans, and resources at stemread.com.
The STEM Read Podcast is produced in collaboration with WNIJ.
Notes & External Links
· Read Anne Ursu’s original article here
· Donald Trump Unpresidentedby Martha Brockenbrough
· The Real Boy, Breadcrumbs, the Cronus Chronicles by Anne Ursu
· Learn more about Melanie Koss’ Research here
· Ashfallby Mike Mullin
· There’s Someone Inside Your Houseby Stephanie Perkins
· SPEAKby Laurie Anderson
· Asking for Itby Louise O'Neill
· Inexcusableby Chris Lynch
· Boy Toyby Barry Lyga
· Learn more about #OwnVoices
· Read Kelly Jensen’s Article on Sexual Harassment in the Library Here
· Remember, You are Not Alone.