Illinois is a big state with a lot of different viewpoints. On this episode, we focus on southern Illinois to find out how residents are coping with restrictions and public health recommendations.
We'll hear a community showed support for a nursing home with dozens of cases of COVID-19 and more than twenty deaths.
And coaches and athletes prepare all year for a season to begin. But this spring left them wondering what might have been.
Those stories and more on this week's Statewide.
* Sean Crawford visits with WSIU News Director Jennifer Fuller to get a better picture of how the pandemic is playing out in southern Illinois.
* Jim Meadows of WILL tells us about theater groups performing online until live in-person shows can resume.
* Michael Puente of WBEZ tells the stories of meat processing plant workers who worry about their safety during COVID-19.
* Mary Hansen reports on a show of community support for those at a nursing home in Sherman, which has seen more than 20 residents die from COVID-19.
Listen to Statewide across Illinois in:
- Bloomington/Normal – WGLT 89.1 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Carbondale – WSIU 91.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Mount Vernon - WVSI 88.9 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Olney - WUSI 90.3 (Fridays 2-3 p.m. and Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Rockford/DeKalb – WNIJ 89.5 (Saturdays 6-7 a.m., Sundays 6-7 p.m.)
- Springfield/Decatur - WUIS 91.9 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Peoria – WCBU 89.9 (Sundays 6-7 a.m.)
- Pittsfield - WIPA 89.3 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 11 p.m. - Midnight, Saturdays 9-10 a.m.)
- Urbana/Champaign – WILL 580 (Fridays 11 a.m. - Noon, 7-8 p.m.)
- Quad Cities - WVIK HD 2 (Sundays 11 a.m. - Noon)