Campaign for a Sound Future…
The strength of our mission begins and ends with you, thank you for your interest in planned giving. Recognizing Northern Public Radio in your estate is a simple way to ensure future generations have access to the public radio service you value. Planned gifts are any gifts other than cash. Examples of current planned gifts include gifts of stock, grants from donor advised funds, and gifts from IRAs. Examples of future planned gifts include gifts from wills, trusts, or retirement plans. With so many possibilities, there is a planned gift that suits your financial and charitable goals. And, there are many benefits -- beyond the good for public broadcasting -- that are afforded donors, including:
- Satisfying your yearly required minimum distribution with a qualifying IRA transfer
- Reducing your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Avoiding paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated stock and real estate
Sound Future Society…
Donors who notify WNIJ / Classical WNIU about their planned gifts are invited to join our planned giving society. Our members enjoy:
- invitations to Sound Future Society events, including our annual donor appreciation event
- recognition through station testimonials and donor rolls
- the gratification of continuing our mission to tell the stories, to, from, and about our community
Let us know if you've already included the station in your plans by completing the charitable intention form.
A bequest to benefit 89.5 WNIJ and/or Classical WNIU is simple to set up. The language may include:
I hereby give, devise and bequeath _________ (a specific dollar amount, percentage of the residue of your estate, or a specific asset such as a bank account, stock, etc)...to the Northern Illinois University Foundation, directed specifically for Northern Public Radio, 89.5 WNIJ and/or Classical WNIU.
Northern Illinois University Foundation
Northern Public Radio-WNIJ-WNIU
Tax I.D. #36-6086819
801 N. 1st Street
DeKalb, IL 60115
To determine the tax benefits for your situation, please consult with a tax advisor, certified public accountant or attorney.
To contact 89.5 WNIJ / Classical WNIU for additional information on our legacy gift program, please call (815) 753-9000. You can also email, mail, or fax the charitable intention form.
Thank you for your continued support of the mission of public broadcasting in our community.