Fulltime Business Manager
This position will process and reconcile a wide variety of accounting documents such as accounts payable invoices, employee expense and travel reimbursements and payroll, vendor statements, account receivables, cash receipts and various other general accounting duties according to GAAP. The Business Manager will serve as back-up to the Director of Individual Giving to process online bank deposits, endorse checks, assign proper revenue account numbers and prepare daily income reports. The person in this position will work closely with the General Manager to meet monthly and annual reporting needs.
- Proven knowledge/experience with general accounting practices
- Experience managing a credit card
- Proven familiarity with financial reports
- Experience with Payroll
- Extreme attention to detail
Corporate Support Account Executive
The role of the Corporate Account Executive is to solicit and obtain contributions from businesses, organizations, and foundations in support of Northern Public Radio through sponsorships and underwriting for broadcast and digital media and live events.
Functional Summary: Corporate Account Executive is responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio that meets or exceeds individual fundraising goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively promote sponsorship and underwriting support for the station throughout the broadcast region; Represent the station at meetings and events. Make presentations to large and small groups in support of revenue objectives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing portfolio of accounts. Manage sales and service for clients and/or their advertising/public relations agencies to achieve business support revenue goals;
- Consult with clients to develop proposals and non-broadcast opportunities for support. Discover and interpret prospects’ business objectives, mission, values and marketing and community relations activities, goals and priorities.
- Analyze and interpret public radio audiences and market research to seek funding from varied and appropriate sources.
- Actively cold call and develop new clients through direct contact with prospects and through networking activities
- Follow station and FCC guidelines regarding copy approval, deadlines, receivables and collections. Undergo training as needed. Represent Northern Public Radio in a way consistent with its standards and mission/values. Build and maintain positive working relationships with staff, departments and volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned including enthusiastically participating in station fundraising and engagement activities and adapting to people, ideas, procedures, and organizational structures, in order to accommodate an evolving work environment.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years’ experience in sales.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated skill in sales, cold calling, client cultivation and business development.
- Excellent communications skills including ability to write and edit business communications, proposals and crafting sponsor credits that comply with FCC and station guidelines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must understand and apply marketing communications and sales promotion strategy
- Familiarity with and appreciation for public radio programming and value.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Understanding of broadcast, digital or other media advertising opportunities
Application materials can be sent to email@example.com